5 Reasons Why Green Smoothies are great for you
Have you noticed that everyone is jumping on the green smoothie band wagon? Does the colour just make your stomach turn…Well, maybe you should give it ago..they are packed with essential vitamins and nutritents and also making it easier to get your daily dose of veggies and fruit. I did and I’m hooked! There’s heaps of different varieties out there and I’m sure there’s a perfect one just for you, PROMISE. Need a little more encouraging, here’s five top reasons why you should give it a go.
- They are packed with great nutrients such as antioxidants and vitamins, making it a great way to get some daily greens.
- They are easy to digest giving your digestive system a break allowing your body to absorb all the yummy nutrients.
- Green smoothies are easy to make, simply wash all ingredients, chop, blend and enjoy!
- Green smoothies are a complete food as opposed to juices as they still contain fibre. Fibre is important for our elimination system and keeps us feeling full.
- Its easy to add superfoods to your diet by adding maca, spirilina, bee pollen, pea proteain, chia seeds… the list is endless to your daily green smoothie.
So, is this enough to get you on the green smoothie band wagon…? Below is my favorite green smoothie recipe. Try it, play around with it, make your own version, have fun! Remember green is the key.
Super Green Smoothie Recipe
1 cup of spinach
1 cup of kale
1 small frozen banana
1 cup of coconut water
1 tsp spirulina (or more if you’re a regular user)
½ tsp maca powder
1 tsp honey or bee pollen
3 Easy Steps
- Wash all ingredients
- Chop all the veggies and fruit
- Place in blender
Remember organic is always best.
What’s your favorite green smoothie recipe? I would love to know.